History of The Red Ribbon Ball
- In 1993 Imperial Life offered to coordinate and host a major fundraiser for The Bahamas AIDS Foundation (TBAF), and the Red Ribbon Ball (RRB) was born. Through the hard work of the Colina/Imperial Life staff, especially Richenda King, RRB became the premier Ball of the social season.
- Funds from the Ball enabled the Foundation to renovate 14 Delancey Street as our office. The Delancy Street property was donated by Colina Insurance Company’s legacy company Imperial Life Insurance Company of Canada.
- Colina/Imperial hosted the RRB from 1993 until 2012 raising over $950,000.
- The Bahamas AIDS Foundation has hosted the ball from 2013 to the present raising approximately $630,000. Exciting themes of the RRB have included Fire and Ice (2019), Shimmer (2018); Lights, Camera Action (2017), Behind the Masque (20016), A Night of Luxury (2015), Winter in Paradise (2014), Believe in Zero (2013).
- RRB provides the major source of funding for the TBAF.
- Our committed partners include: John Bull Group of Companies, Cable Bahamas, Zamar Group Companies LTD, Commonwealth Brewery, Wildflowers Events and Occasions
- Our Supporters include: Commonwealth Bank, Colina, J. S Johnson, Sterling Global Financial, Atlantis, Island Game, Corner Bank, Credit Suisse Trust Ltd Bahamas, Central Bank, Bahamas First General Insurance, Sun Oil Ltd. Bahamas Welding & Fire, Comfort Suites,
Scenes from the 25th Red Ribbon Ball